If you’re building a new home or renovating your current one, an architect can be an important member of your team. He or she can save you money and time by helping to avoid costly mistakes. They can also provide a helpful roadmap for construction workers to follow as they build your project.
Whether you’re designing your dream home, remodeling an existing space, or building a large commercial facility, architectural design service can be an invaluable part of the process. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing an architect:
* Basic Services – A good architect should be able to offer the basic services that you’ll need in order to build your structure properly and on schedule. These include preparing sketches and drawings of your proposed layouts.
** Additional Services – Depending on your needs, an architect may be able to provide a wide range of services that will help you achieve the look and feel you want for your structure. These include planning, value engineering, and obtaining permits and other approvals.
A good architectural design service will be able to help you plan your project from start to finish and make sure it’s completed successfully. They will also be able to advise you on the best contractor to use and prepare contracts between you and them.
1. Schematic Design & Development
In this phase of the project, the architect will prepare preliminary designs based on the client’s requirements and budget. They will then present these to the client for review and input. If the client likes what they see, the architect will work with them to refine the designs to an approved design concept.
2. Construction Documents & Construction Administration
Once the design concept has been approved, the architect will work with the client to prepare drawings and specifications that will guide the contractor in building their structure. These documents will be necessary in obtaining building permits and bidding for construction.
3. Energy Analysis / Solar Study
The solar study is an important aspect of a building’s design because it helps identify opportunities for energy efficiency. By using a computer-aided design program, the architect can simulate sun paths and evaluate how the building will function in terms of natural light and heating.
4. Filing & Permitting
At this point, the architect will need to submit their sketches and drawings to the proper agencies in order to obtain permits for your project. These may include the Department of Buildings or other agencies in your area that have jurisdiction over your project.
5. Project Closeout & Inspections
At the end of a building’s construction, there will be a lot more bureaucracy to go through than at the beginning of the project. This includes getting an address, acquiring a certificate of occupancy and obtaining all other relevant paperwork.
6. Conclusion – A good architectural design service will be able help you navigate all these processes and ensure that your project is completed on time and on budget. They will be able to answer questions that you may have along the way and help you navigate the many pitfalls that are inevitable in building construction.